|You’ve no doubt heard of this by now but do you know the benefits of this advanced Skin Treatment?|
Keep reading as we list our top 5 reasons why we love this treatment here at Tranquility…. plus wait til the end for a sneaky little discount available for a short time 😉
For starters, what is it you might ask??
Skin Needling is a non-invasive cosmetic treatment that improves the appearance of a range of skin concerns by boosting the body’s natural collagen production. It’s used to treat everything from acne scars and sunspots to enlarged pores and visible signs of ageing. There’s also minimal downtime, so you don’t need to hide away for a week post-procedure.
|Our Top 5 Benefits of Skin Needling|
1. REDUCES THE APPEARANCE OF LINES AND WRINKLES
No one wants to look older than they are. But premature aging that presents as fine lines and wrinkles does just that. The tiny injuries from a microneedling session boost collagen and elastin production to fight lines and wrinkles. Collagen and elastin are compounds in your skin that add structure and strength, lending a youthful quality. The wound-healing mechanisms also stimulate your body to produce new skin cells, making fine lines, crow’s feet, and forehead wrinkles less apparent.
2. SCAR TREATMENT
Because microneedling stimulates collagen and elastin production, it’s also super effective in addressing acne and other scars on your skin. The only type of scar not possible to treat is keloid, or raised, scars.
3. SUN DAMAGE
Microneedling is effective in reducing the appearance of sun damage, particularly hyperpigmentation and age spots. If you have a blotchy, brownish complexion, which is probably a result of too many days of sunning, microneedling and its ability to stimulate new collagen and skin cells can reinvigorate your look and even out your tone.
Aging doesn’t just show up as wrinkles and discoloration. As you get older, your skin loses its elasticity, so it appears lax. Aging skin may also look dull and lack a lustrous glow. Microneedling can change this.The buildup of collagen that occurs in response to the tiny wounds can improve skin structure to fight sagging. Plus, just 24 hours following a session, you experience a radiant, fresh glow.
5. SHRINKS PORES
Despite the fact that microneedling involves punching holes in your skin, it doesn’t increase the size of your pores. In fact, it helps your pores appear much smaller. When the collagen around your pores is stimulated, the area around each pore plumps, making the pore itself almost disappear.
If you’re ready to take the next step in your skin treatment, then be sure to book in your Skin Needling session… and when you do, enjoy $50 off when you present the below voucher to reception – just take a screen shot of the below voucher and show us – easy peasey!
Give us a call 33761144 to book or simply tap the link https://home.shortcutssoftware.com/tranquilitybeautysalon#/_h/sites/39800/details
Reap Amazing Benefits from the Last 30 Seconds of Your Shower
Are you fond of cold showers? If your answer is no, then you are one with the majority. We do not blame you, either. Not many people enjoy getting shocked, especially not during the first thing in the morning. But what if we tell you that there are several health benefits to ending your shower cold?
No, we are not kidding. There are scientific studies that back up our claim. Read on to find out more about cold outs. You might find yourself wanting to give it another chance when you do (and enjoy it this time around).
What is Cold Out?
Imagine yourself taking a hot, steamy shower. Just as you are about to finish, you turn down the heat to the coldest temperature while still on full blast at the last minute or 30 seconds. That is what we call a cold out. You should do it even in winter, too. Before you hightail out of here, hear us out. It is not as dreadful as it seems, and it is far more beneficial than you realize.
We get that some like taking scalding showers, though it might be high time to cool off the habit. Super hot showers are not suitable for you anyway (unless you want to risk drying out and irritating your skin). But here is something that will do you a lot of good.
What Makes a Cold Out Great?
Doing a cold out presents you with these great health benefits:
Remember that initial shock you may be dreading when the cold spray hits you? It serves to increase the following:
- oxygen intake
- heart rate
It is precisely what you need to start your morning right. You will not have to go about the early hours shuffling about like the walking dead. It may also just be enough to lessen your caffeine intake.
Smoother Skin, Shinier Hair
Your hair and scalp have an affinity for cold water.
After the hot or warm water temperature, the cold out will soothe the stress the heat may have caused your skin. You will find yours to be softer and more supple, especially if it has been dry or flaky (which is common around winter time). It will even give it a healthier glow as it tightens and constricts your blood flow.
You also might have already heard that it closes your pores (but FYI, your pores never close off entirely), which is true. The pores will take on a smoother, tighter appearance after the rush of cold water. And if you have been experiencing itchy skin, a cold out will ease that itchiness, too.
A cold out presents a similar effect on your hair. The cold water closes and strengthens your hair cuticles while giving them a nice, natural shine. It will not dry out your sebum layer, either, which is essential for your scalp and hair’s protection from environmental stressors. Now you know why your senior stylist washes your hair with cool water.
Are you looking to increase your metabolism and burn some calories? Yes, a cold out can help you with that, too. During that initial cold water shock, your body will work to protect you by keeping your temperature stable. This effort increases your heart rate and causes calorie burn. Exposure to cold temperatures will have some fat cells (like brown fat) generate heat and burn off your fat. What a great way to boost the metabolism with hardly any effort!
And if you decide to work out, cold water has regenerative properties that will help ease and repair those muscles after a strenuous exercise.
If experts were to choose the top benefit of cold outs, it would be its capacity to increase circulation. Since cold water constricts circulation on your body’s surface, the blood in your deep tissues will circulate faster to regulate your temperature.
Good blood circulation enables the proper and better flow of oxygen and nutrients to all parts of the body. Those suffering from hypertension or cardiovascular disease will significantly benefit from the improved circulation as it will reduce inflammation.
Now, you might think you will come out of your shower cranky after being shocked. However, a cold will do the opposite and boost your mood. Studies suggest that a cold shower will stimulate your sympathetic nervous system. The activation causes an increase in your neurotransmitters (namely norepinephrine and endorphins), giving you an excellent high. Again, your mornings will be looking better and brighter.
Are you an evening shower person? No worries! While the initial shock will wake you, a cold out will cool your core body temperature. You will be able to fall asleep quicker and enjoy a good night’s rest.
And if all the above benefits are not good enough for you, a cold out will give you an immunity boost against the cold and flu seasons. Studies say this extra protection is most likely due to improved circulation, particularly lymphatic drainage.
When you stimulate the lymphatic system, toxin and waste buildup are easily flushed out of your system. If you have been having problems with facial and abdominal bloatedness, bodily discomfort, illness, acne, or poor sleep, then consider these issues solved! It will also help produce lactic acid, which aids in your recovery faster from illness or injuries.
How To End Your Showers Right
Now that we have you convinced of the cold out benefits, here is how to do it right:
- All it takes is at least 30 seconds.
- Try it. It is not as long as you believe. Thirty seconds is enough to expose every body part to the cold water (including hard to reach areas like your hair, face, and underarms).
- Ease into it.
- If you are still scared of the initial shock, you can ease onto it by stepping back as you turn the water cold. As the temperature drops, you can test it out with your foot or hand.
- Then get into it fully.
- When you are ready, expose yourself to the cold water, starting with your legs, torso, then face.
- Afterward, turn around and let it hit your back. Lift your arms, saturate your hair. And do not forget your neck and lower back.
And voila, enjoy the rush of endorphins!Soon enough, you will find yourself positively hooked on cold outs.
No, we are not talking about harmful or illegal substances. We are referring to the naturally occurring chemicals we already have in our bodies. While we always associate this heightened state with our personal and spiritual well-being, we tend to overlook the biological factors that are affected that help us get to a happy state.
By learning how these happy chemicals work and how to produce them naturally, you can finally declare that your happiness is definitely under your control. Let us hop on the excitement and meet these four hormones better.
These feel-good chemicals are often associated with the well-known “runner’s high,” which helps many people fall in love with the long and enduring exercise. Produced in the hypothalamus, the pituitary glands, and other parts of the body, boosting these endorphins is one way to live healthier and happier.
Increase your overall well-being by engaging in these endorphin-inducing activities:
- They say one never loses anything by giving. Such is true when our endorphins are improved when we participate in volunteer activities and donation drives.
- Yoga and Meditation
- The stress-relieving and relaxing effects after a good yoga session or a few minutes of meditation can be attributed to endorphins.
- Spicy Foods
- Eating your favorite spicy dishes triggers pain responses in our mouths. The sensations prompt an increase in these feel-good chemicals. No wonder we can keep on eating!
- Dark Chocolate
- As if we needed another reason to eat dark chocolate – these goodies contain chemicals called flavonoids, which positively affect the brain. Just go for those that have at least 70% cocoa, and be sure not to binge!
- Laughter is indeed the best medicine, as several studies correlate laughter with an increase in endorphins.
Also known as the happy chemical, serotonin plays a contribution to our overall well-being and happiness. Some experts consider it a hormone due to its ability to send messages between our nerve cells and how it can affect our mood, emotions, appetite, and digestion. It also helps regulate our sleep cycles and body clock.
If you are looking to boost these happy hormones, here are some natural remedies that may help:
- Regular exercise
- Studies show that that exercise can similarly improve symptoms of depression as antidepressants do.
- Light Treatment
- Insufficient sun exposure leads to lower serotonin levels. Make sure you get adequate sunshine by letting light in your space or taking a stroll outside. Light therapy is also available for those who suffer from Seasonal affective disorder (SAD).
- Consuming Tryptophan-rich Foods
- Tryptophan is an amino acid that is linked to more positive mood scores. Foods rich in tryptophan include turkey, eggs, cheese, soy products, and salmon. Supplements are also available, but be sure to check these with your doctor first.
For every moment where the reward, motivation, memory, and body movement regulation are involved, you can bet that dopamine has had its say on these. It is a vital chemical messenger that creates feelings of pleasure and reward when released in large amounts. When this happens, we are given the motivation to repeat the behaviors that trigger these chemicals.
While our bodies help regulate our dopamine levels, we can help it along and feel good by doing the following:
- Eat Protein
- You can also get dopamine from the amino acids tyrosine and phenylalanine, present in protein-rich foods.
- Consume Probiotics
- While more research is needed, probiotic supplements have been seen to improve mood in humans and animals.
- Eat Velvet Beans
- Velvet beans are natural sources of L-dopa, a precursor molecule to dopamine.
- Get Enough Sleep
- When we deprive ourselves of sleep, our dopamine sensitivity in the brain is reduced. Always try to achieve eight hours of quality sleep to help regulate your body’s natural dopamine rhythms.
- Listen to Music
- Research shows that listening to your favorite instrumental music may boost your dopamine levels.
- Consider Supplements
- Adequate levels of iron, niacin, folate, and vitamin B6 are a must for dopamine production.
Oxytocin has earned the reputation of being the love hormone, and for a good reason. This chemical comes from the pituitary gland and is released when people cuddle up or engage in social activities.
Here are some of the natural ways to get smitten by this happy love bug:
- Get or Give Massages
- Massages always help anyone relax. It also helps relieve pain, stress, anxiety, and increases oxytocin levels. Studies also note that its benefits even reach the person giving the massage. You do not need to be pro either to reap the results.
- Express Your Feelings
- Strengthen your connection with others by telling them how you feel. Expressing these sentiments with a loved one increases the prosocial feelings for you both. More often than not, they will also reply to you in kind and appreciate your openness.
- Spend Time with Your Friends
- Friends are the family you choose, and establishing strong ties with them will do wonders for your emotional well-being. They are the ones who help you feel supported and less alone.
- Focus on Your Conversations
- When you practice active or empathic listening in your interactions, both parties will feel increased feelings of connection and trust. It also conveys how much you care when you drop whatever you are doing just to lend an ear.
- Make Love
- Sexual intimacy is another excellent way of showing your affection for someone and raise your oxytocin levels, especially if you achieve orgasm. It helps you feel closer and more connected to your partner. And bonus, this activity benefits you both.
- Cuddle or Hug Someone
- You do not need to engage in sex to get the love hormone. Even simple physical gestures such as cuddling, hugging, hand-holding, or even playing with your pet are surefire ways to boost your oxytocin levels.
Learn to take control of your mood and your happiness by engaging in activities that naturally boost your happy hormones. When you apply these techniques to your daily life, you will be amazed just how much the quality of your life will improve.