|You’ve no doubt heard of this by now but do you know the benefits of this advanced Skin Treatment?|
Keep reading as we list our top 5 reasons why we love this treatment here at Tranquility…. plus wait til the end for a sneaky little discount available for a short time 😉
For starters, what is it you might ask??
Skin Needling is a non-invasive cosmetic treatment that improves the appearance of a range of skin concerns by boosting the body’s natural collagen production. It’s used to treat everything from acne scars and sunspots to enlarged pores and visible signs of ageing. There’s also minimal downtime, so you don’t need to hide away for a week post-procedure.
|Our Top 5 Benefits of Skin Needling|
1. REDUCES THE APPEARANCE OF LINES AND WRINKLES
No one wants to look older than they are. But premature aging that presents as fine lines and wrinkles does just that. The tiny injuries from a microneedling session boost collagen and elastin production to fight lines and wrinkles. Collagen and elastin are compounds in your skin that add structure and strength, lending a youthful quality. The wound-healing mechanisms also stimulate your body to produce new skin cells, making fine lines, crow’s feet, and forehead wrinkles less apparent.
2. SCAR TREATMENT
Because microneedling stimulates collagen and elastin production, it’s also super effective in addressing acne and other scars on your skin. The only type of scar not possible to treat is keloid, or raised, scars.
3. SUN DAMAGE
Microneedling is effective in reducing the appearance of sun damage, particularly hyperpigmentation and age spots. If you have a blotchy, brownish complexion, which is probably a result of too many days of sunning, microneedling and its ability to stimulate new collagen and skin cells can reinvigorate your look and even out your tone.
Aging doesn’t just show up as wrinkles and discoloration. As you get older, your skin loses its elasticity, so it appears lax. Aging skin may also look dull and lack a lustrous glow. Microneedling can change this.The buildup of collagen that occurs in response to the tiny wounds can improve skin structure to fight sagging. Plus, just 24 hours following a session, you experience a radiant, fresh glow.
5. SHRINKS PORES
Despite the fact that microneedling involves punching holes in your skin, it doesn’t increase the size of your pores. In fact, it helps your pores appear much smaller. When the collagen around your pores is stimulated, the area around each pore plumps, making the pore itself almost disappear.
If you’re ready to take the next step in your skin treatment, then be sure to book in your Skin Needling session… and when you do, enjoy $50 off when you present the below voucher to reception – just take a screen shot of the below voucher and show us – easy peasey!
Give us a call 33761144 to book or simply tap the link https://home.shortcutssoftware.com/tranquilitybeautysalon#/_h/sites/39800/details
No, we are not talking about harmful or illegal substances. We are referring to the naturally occurring chemicals we already have in our bodies. While we always associate this heightened state with our personal and spiritual well-being, we tend to overlook the biological factors that are affected that help us get to a happy state.
By learning how these happy chemicals work and how to produce them naturally, you can finally declare that your happiness is definitely under your control. Let us hop on the excitement and meet these four hormones better.
These feel-good chemicals are often associated with the well-known “runner’s high,” which helps many people fall in love with the long and enduring exercise. Produced in the hypothalamus, the pituitary glands, and other parts of the body, boosting these endorphins is one way to live healthier and happier.
Increase your overall well-being by engaging in these endorphin-inducing activities:
- They say one never loses anything by giving. Such is true when our endorphins are improved when we participate in volunteer activities and donation drives.
- Yoga and Meditation
- The stress-relieving and relaxing effects after a good yoga session or a few minutes of meditation can be attributed to endorphins.
- Spicy Foods
- Eating your favorite spicy dishes triggers pain responses in our mouths. The sensations prompt an increase in these feel-good chemicals. No wonder we can keep on eating!
- Dark Chocolate
- As if we needed another reason to eat dark chocolate – these goodies contain chemicals called flavonoids, which positively affect the brain. Just go for those that have at least 70% cocoa, and be sure not to binge!
- Laughter is indeed the best medicine, as several studies correlate laughter with an increase in endorphins.
Also known as the happy chemical, serotonin plays a contribution to our overall well-being and happiness. Some experts consider it a hormone due to its ability to send messages between our nerve cells and how it can affect our mood, emotions, appetite, and digestion. It also helps regulate our sleep cycles and body clock.
If you are looking to boost these happy hormones, here are some natural remedies that may help:
- Regular exercise
- Studies show that that exercise can similarly improve symptoms of depression as antidepressants do.
- Light Treatment
- Insufficient sun exposure leads to lower serotonin levels. Make sure you get adequate sunshine by letting light in your space or taking a stroll outside. Light therapy is also available for those who suffer from Seasonal affective disorder (SAD).
- Consuming Tryptophan-rich Foods
- Tryptophan is an amino acid that is linked to more positive mood scores. Foods rich in tryptophan include turkey, eggs, cheese, soy products, and salmon. Supplements are also available, but be sure to check these with your doctor first.
For every moment where the reward, motivation, memory, and body movement regulation are involved, you can bet that dopamine has had its say on these. It is a vital chemical messenger that creates feelings of pleasure and reward when released in large amounts. When this happens, we are given the motivation to repeat the behaviors that trigger these chemicals.
While our bodies help regulate our dopamine levels, we can help it along and feel good by doing the following:
- Eat Protein
- You can also get dopamine from the amino acids tyrosine and phenylalanine, present in protein-rich foods.
- Consume Probiotics
- While more research is needed, probiotic supplements have been seen to improve mood in humans and animals.
- Eat Velvet Beans
- Velvet beans are natural sources of L-dopa, a precursor molecule to dopamine.
- Get Enough Sleep
- When we deprive ourselves of sleep, our dopamine sensitivity in the brain is reduced. Always try to achieve eight hours of quality sleep to help regulate your body’s natural dopamine rhythms.
- Listen to Music
- Research shows that listening to your favorite instrumental music may boost your dopamine levels.
- Consider Supplements
- Adequate levels of iron, niacin, folate, and vitamin B6 are a must for dopamine production.
Oxytocin has earned the reputation of being the love hormone, and for a good reason. This chemical comes from the pituitary gland and is released when people cuddle up or engage in social activities.
Here are some of the natural ways to get smitten by this happy love bug:
- Get or Give Massages
- Massages always help anyone relax. It also helps relieve pain, stress, anxiety, and increases oxytocin levels. Studies also note that its benefits even reach the person giving the massage. You do not need to be pro either to reap the results.
- Express Your Feelings
- Strengthen your connection with others by telling them how you feel. Expressing these sentiments with a loved one increases the prosocial feelings for you both. More often than not, they will also reply to you in kind and appreciate your openness.
- Spend Time with Your Friends
- Friends are the family you choose, and establishing strong ties with them will do wonders for your emotional well-being. They are the ones who help you feel supported and less alone.
- Focus on Your Conversations
- When you practice active or empathic listening in your interactions, both parties will feel increased feelings of connection and trust. It also conveys how much you care when you drop whatever you are doing just to lend an ear.
- Make Love
- Sexual intimacy is another excellent way of showing your affection for someone and raise your oxytocin levels, especially if you achieve orgasm. It helps you feel closer and more connected to your partner. And bonus, this activity benefits you both.
- Cuddle or Hug Someone
- You do not need to engage in sex to get the love hormone. Even simple physical gestures such as cuddling, hugging, hand-holding, or even playing with your pet are surefire ways to boost your oxytocin levels.
Learn to take control of your mood and your happiness by engaging in activities that naturally boost your happy hormones. When you apply these techniques to your daily life, you will be amazed just how much the quality of your life will improve.
The latest fads and crazes come and go in every industry and walk of life. The health and fitness industry is arguably one of the biggest catalysts of this phenomenon. Society loves getting drunk on mob mentality especially when the bandwagon gains a bit of speed.
More often then not some fads are the most basic substances found in nature but have been propelled into the public psyche with very clever marketing, whilst the perpetrator or perpetrators sit back and ride the wave of incoming cash until it hits the beach and dissipates.
Think about some fads and health crazes that you have come across! Some are here to stay and others have come and gone! Fidget Spinners, YoYo’s, CrossFit, Silicone Wrist Power Bands, Guarana, Pink Himalayan Rock Salt, Morning Celery Juice & Lemon Detox to name a few!
Well in the beauty industry we see our fair share of gimmicks also. Some are legitimate and others not so much.
Let’s take one such substance – Olive Oil.
Let’s face it, Olive Oil is very good for you. Especially Extra Virgin Olive Oil. The reason Extra Virgin is considered a higher quality is because when the olives are pressed they are pressed several times and the first batch that comes out is the extra virgin oil.
It is very high in HDL (high-density lipoproteins, or good cholesterol). Studies show pretty clearly it helps good heart health, it can help fight inflammation, cancer, prevent stomach ulcers and more.
In the ancient Greeks, Romans & Israeli’s time it was an extremely important part of their culture and commerce. The bible has many teachings, parables and historical accounts of olive oil’s benefits and importance but should we really be putting it on our skin or face????
The short answer: is on our hands, feet and hair YES! There are benefits associated to it but on our face? NO!!
Olive oil is naturally high in squalene which is an oil that mimics your skin’s natural sebum oil. Sebum is an essential part of your skin however, too much of it has a comedogenic affect which means it can clog your pores causing those pesky blackheads and breakouts. So smearing olive oil all over your face may not be the best way to enhance your skins appearance especially when there are so many treatments and lotions specifically designed for your face that won’t give you skin issues.
Us Beauty and Skin Therapists are a very picky bunch! If there is one thing we value more than most things, it’s our reputation as being the Skin Experts.
The treatments, serums, moisturisers and and other professional Skin Care Products that our Therapists recommend have been extensively studied, used and actually work. Our Therapists at Tranquility use them ourselves and we don’t recommend something unless it works because we tend to take things personally if our client’s don’t get the results.
So in short, olive oil is one of nature’s very beneficial substances but keep it on your salad – not on your face.